Industry research analysts and the organizations they work for earn their living by researching various topics that are relevant to customers and providing a view point that generally encompasses the following dimensions –
- Industry maturity
- Players within a market segment
- Leaders, visionaries and followers
- Maturity of the product under consideration
- Strengths and weaknesses of the product under consideration
- Advantages and disadvantages of adopting a product from a given manufacturer
- The manufacturers areas of focus and the strength or weakness of the product roadmap
- Customer points of view with regards to usage and implementation of the product under consideration
- Balance sheet view and financial strength of the organization manufacturing the product
- Vision, innovative capability and maturity of the management team owning the product
- Market adoption and challenges that lay ahead
The job of the industry analyst is to put together a view based on some or all of the above dimensions mentioned above. Customers who invest in these detailed reports can then obtain a strong understanding of the market segment, players within a given market segment and the strengths/weaknesses of a given product including it’s manufacturer. Professionals and organizations who subscribe to these reports can then make more informed decisions on the nature of investments they should be making including the nature of partner relationships and partner ecosystems their organizations should be cultivating.
SPE Analyst reports here at Practical Performance Analyst aims to make sense and provide highlights of some of the relevant research conducted by the worlds leading research organizations and leading analysts within those research organization. These reports issued by the various analysts contain copyrighted content which is owned by the respective organizations. Practical Performance Analyst cannot share the content of these reports and is also not able to provide a copy of the reports for download. For those who would like access to the details of the report we would highly encourage you to look up the analyst and their research organization to obtain a copy of the relevant research report.
Some of the research report summaries covered here are –
- Application Performance Monitoring – Gartner Guide for Application Performance Monitoring
- Network Performance Monitoring – Gartner Guide For Network Performance Monitoring
- Capacity Management – Gartner Guide For Capacity Management
- Performance Testing – Gartner Guide for Performance Testing
We hope you enjoy the content here at SPE Analyst Speak here at Practical Performance Analyst. Please drop us a note at speanalystspeak at practical performance analyst with your input, comments and feedback.