Practical Performance Analyst has always focused on bringing the best to its readers with a strong focus on everything SPE (Systems Performance Engineering). And keeping with that tradition we now bring to you a section completely dedicated on Bargain Deal & Discounts focused on products and services related to SPE (Systems Performance Engineering).
At the “Bargain Deals & Discounts” section at Practical Performance Analyst you will find various offers that give you access to vendor products and services for a discounted fee. Please note that Practical Performance Analyst and its authors do not in any way endorse any of these products or services. Also, Practical Performance Analyst and its authors do not in any way benefit commercially from any of the purchases you might end up making from any of the vendors listed below.
Kodewerk – Kodewerk offers a comprehensive four day workshop that covers techniques that have been proven to improve ones ability to find and fix performance bottlenecks. What you won’t find are tips and tricks that will be obsolete with the next release of Java. Instead, the course focuses on a methodology that has evolved from years of experience solving performance problems found in a variety of languages running on number of different execution platforms. This Kodewerk course focuses on Performance Testing fundamentals, Garbage Collection tuning & optimization, JVM bottleneck analysis and tuning and Java Performance optimization.
During the course of the seminar we will look at how Java works, tooling to expose performance bottlenecks and a methodology that helps you to decide on which tools should be used. The workshop contains more than a dozen exercises each taken from real world problems and each designed to challenge your thinking. Objectives of the course include –
- Quickly identify the root causes of poor performance in your applications
- Eliminate conditions that will prevent you from finding performance bottlenecks
- Find critical supportive evidence before deciding on a potentially expensive course of action
- Find performance issues before they make their escape into your production system
The sessions are conducted by Java Performance Guru – Kirk Pepperdine (LinkedIn) and Ray Hindman.
KodeWerk is offering Practical Performance Analyst readers a 15% discount on all of their courses.
Discount Code – For the discount code please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “Kodewerk Discount Code”.
For more details please Click Here.
Flood.IO – Flood IO is a distributed load testing platform for everyone. Flood.IO provides a scalable, global platform (Grids) for generating load to performance test applications over the web. Flood IO is a distributed grid of semi-autonomous, loosely coupled nodes hosted on AWS infrastructure. Flood.IO runs different testing tools and collate results in near real time within geographic regions including the US, EU and Asia Pacific. Flood.IO is focused on taking the hassle out of managing your own test infrastructure and provide optimized configuration and performance. It’s easy to scale out in as little as 5 minutes.
Flood IO uses popular open source software and presents results in an easy to consume format. We eliminate traditional master-slave dependencies in distributed testing solutions, which affords us massive scale and flexibility. Flood.IO is 100% compatible with Apache JMeter versions 2.9 – 2.11 including JMeter Plugins 1.1.2. We also support Gatling versions 1.5.3 and 2.0.0-M3a. Flood.IO suggests scalability of ~1,000 threads per node, depending on test tool and test plan complexity.
Flood.IO is offering Practical Performance Analyst readers a 10% discount on all of their products and services.
Discount Code – For the discount code please send an email to email@example.com with the subject, “Flood.IO Discount Code”.
For more details please Click Here
Java Specialists – Java Specialists offer training on designing, building and delivering high performance Java applications. You will learn skills that are based on “practical day to day application” that will make you a better programmer forever.
- Java Specialists Master Course (Course Outline) – During this 4-day course, we will study over 1000 slides of advanced Java topics. Each major section is followed by practical hands-on exercises to apply what you have learned. Even the most experienced Java programmer will be stimulated and challenged.This course is ideally suited to the professional Java programmer with at least 2 years experience, who would like to learn how to truly master the Java Programming Language. The Java Specialist Master Course is authored by Heinz Kabutz, the publisher of The Java Specialists’ Newsletter. It includes (under license) training material produced by JavaPerformanceTuning.com. Finishing School for the Professional Java Programmer
- Java Concurrency in Practice (Course Outline) – “Java Concurrency in Practice” in a four-day intensive course. Java was built to be able to do many things at once. In computer lingo, we call this “concurrency”. This is the main reason why Java is so useful. Your coders need to master concurrency. If they do not, your system might break on your busiest day. Concurrency bugs tend to appear when we do a lot of things at the same time, such as dealing with many clients. In this course, we combine the collective wisdom of three Java experts: Dr Heinz Kabutz, Victor Grazi and Brian Goetz. Each of these has years of experience in writing concurrent Java programs. During this 4-day course, you will learn how to write safe multi-threaded Java code that performs well on your hardware. You will learn techniques to ensure visibility of your fields, to build thread safety without explicit locking. You will learn the new fork/join constructs and explore ways to parallelize your algorithms. The courses are offered onsite including over the web as a webcast.
Java Specialists is offering Practical Performance Analyst readers a 15% discount on each of the above courses.
Discount Code – For the discount code please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “Java Specialists Discount Code”.
For more details please Click Here.
WAPT – WAPT is a load and stress testing tool that provides an easy-to-use and cost-effective way to test any web site, including business applications, mobile sites, web portals, etc. With WAPT you can create load tests in a matter of minutes. A few clicks are required to make thousands virtual users execute concurrent sessions against your web site. The product supports testing of RIA (Rich Internet Applications) applications in the data-driven mode. WAPT also works with secure HTTPS pages and all types of authentication. Descriptive graphs and reports will let you analyze the performance characteristics of your system components under various load conditions, isolate and fix any bottlenecks and optimize your software and hardware configuration.
WAPT is offering Practical Performance Analyst readers a 15% discount on purchases of any of the commercial versions i.e. WAPT, WAPT Pro, WAPT Cloud.
Discount Code – For the discount code please send an email to email@example.com with the subject, “WAPT Discount Code”.
For more details please Click Here.
We hope you’ve found listings in this section useful. If you are a vendor and are keen to have your products or services listed here please reach out to us at trevor at practical performance analyst dot com.