At Practical Performance Analyst we are always on the lookout for interesting stories and articles on topics related to SPE (Systems Performance Engineering). In this week’s, “The Week That Was” we bring to you some of the more relevant and interesting reads that have been published over the last week from various sources across the internet.
Performance Testing –
- Network virtualization insights from LoadRunner – Link
- 6 Performance Testing mistakes that newbies make – Link
- Automating Failure testing – Link
Web Operations & Performance –
- Web Performance 101: Page Size Metrics – Link
- Getting started with ASP.NET Performance monitoring and Optimization
- Page Size Optimization – Link
Java Performance –
SPE (Systems Performance Engineering) –
- What are the scalable technologies that Facebook uses – Link
- Chaos Kong – Endowing Netflix with Antifragility – Link
- Always ON Architecture – Link
- Process payments at scale at Groupon – Link
- Serverless: 30k page views for $0.21 – Link
- AWS ALB as a container and microservice load balancer – Link
- Apache Spark @ Scale – Link
Hope you have enjoyed this week’s The Week That Was. Please drop us a note with your input, feedback, comments and let us know what you think. Feel free to send through a note on any interesting articles and links to jayanth at practical performance analyst dot com.
Jayanth Ganapathiraju (LinkedIn) is a Software Architect at a large Healthcare organization with over 10 years of experience working on Performance Engineering As part of current role, he works with several teams within the company in the organization on coming up with performance test strategies and mentor teams on the need for continuous performance testing. He has an appetite for exploring new technologies and processes and strongly believes in life long learning. When not in front of his laptop, you can find him reading a non-technical book in a quiet corner or in deep soliloquy.