At Practical Performance Analyst we are always on the lookout for interesting stories and articles on topics related to SPE (Systems Performance Engineering). In this week’s, “The Week That Was” we bring to you some of the more relevant and interesting reads that have been published over the last week from various sources across the internet.
Performance Testing –
- Prepping for the big game 2016 – Link
- Broken Linux performance tools – Link
- Fixing Microsoft store’s web performance – Link
- Performance Budget Builder – Link
- Performance analysis of GoLand programs – Link
Web Operations & Performance –
Java Performance –
- Jan 2016 Java Performance Tips – Link
- Jan 2-16 Java Performance News – Link
- Tuning and optimizing Java Garbage Collection – Link
SPE (Systems Performance Engineering) –
- Moving past the scaling myth – Link
- Large scale image processing on the fly – Link
- Measuring and understanding consistency at Facebook – Link
- Adventures in High Speed Networking on Azure – Link
Hope you have enjoyed this week’s The Week That Was. Please drop us a note with your input, feedback, comments and let us know what you think. Feel free to send through a note on any interesting articles and links to jayanth at practical performance analyst dot com.
Jayanth Ganapathiraju (LinkedIn) is a Software Architect at a large Healthcare organization with over 10 years of experience working as a senior software developer and a performance lead. As part of current role, he works with several teams within the company in the organization on coming up with performance test strategies and mentor teams on the need for continuous performance testing. He has an appetite for exploring new technologies and processes and strongly believes in life long learning. When not in front of his laptop, you can find him reading a non-technical book in a quiet corner or in deep soliloquy.