Is Responsive Web Design Slowing your website down?
In the eBook, Responsive and Fast: Implementing High-Performance Responsive Design, Akamai’s Web Experience CTO, Guy Podjarny, presents solutions to each issue leveraging both client-side techniques and RESS (Responsive + Server Side Components); examples include:
- Prioritize resources to avoid excess content in RWD and defer the load of any content that’s not critical
- Explore server-side Adaptive Delivery and RESS solutions as an alternative to “pure” RWD
Click Here to download the FREE eBook Responsive and Fast: Implementing High-Performance Responsive Design now!
Watch out for a review of the book “Responsive and Fast: Implementing High-Performance Responsive Design now!”. Coming soon to Practical Performance Analyst.
- Is Responsive Web Design Good For Performance Myths are powerful things. They certainly have the ability to destroy—we’ve seen that many times. But put the right spin on a myth and you can use it to build up; to create something new and better.
Responsive design just can’t seem to shake the rumor that it’s bad for performance. It’s […]
- Speed Up Your Mobile Website With Varnish – Smashing Magazine Imagine that you have just written a post on your blog, tweeted about it and watched it get re-tweeted by some popular Twitter users, sending hundreds of people to your blog at once. Your excitement at seeing so many visitors talk about your post turns to dismay as they start to tweet […]
- Making Responsive Websites Fast What’s the session about – Responsive Web Design is quickly becoming the standard way any organization should tackle the post-iPhone web. The client-side approach it embraces makes adapting to the current device easy—and makes it just as easy to make your site painfully slow. Mistakes […]
- What Makes Mobile Websites Tick? How Do We Make Them Faster? Insights from WebPageTest and HTTPArchive
What's the session about - The HTTP Archive allows us to research trends in mobile website development. In this webcast, we'll look to discover the fastest designs for mobile performance in use on the web today and answer:
How are websites […]