Is your eCommerce solution ready for the cloud? Learn how to incrementally adopt cloud computing (specifically public Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service) and to marshal as much capacity as needed to handle peak holiday or special-event traffic. Advances in the cloud over the past few years now make it possible to run an enterprise-class eCommerce platform out of a cloud.
About the Session – We’ll help architects leverage these advances by covering:
- Cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, Software-as-a-Service) and deployment models (public, hybrid, private)
- The impact of omnichannel retailing on platform architecture and deployment architecture
- Building an auto-scaling solution that can quickly add or subtract hardware in response to real-time traffic
- Re-applying what you already know about security to the cloud
- Running a single eCommerce platform from multiple data centers, including several forms of multi-master
- Creating a hybrid solution or deploy your entire platform in the cloud
- Application and deployment architecture for “cloud native” through legacy eCommerce platforms
- Using a SaaS for eCommerce, including content delivery networks and global site Load balancing services
About the Author – Kelly Goetsch is Oracle’s leading expert on large-scale eCommerce deployments, having architected, implemented and advised many of the largest eCommerce properties in the world. Kelly is director of product management in Oracle’s Cloud Application Foundation group, where he is at the intersection of Oracle Commerce and the larger portfolio of Oracle products that power eCommerce. Kelly has written eight white papers on various topics related to large-scale eCommerce and regularly speaks at industry events. He has filed for three patents and hold a bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship and a master’s degree in Information Systems Management, both from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Date / Time – 10am PT San Franciso | 6pm – London | 1pm – New York | Sat, May 31th at 3am – Sydney | Sat, May 31th at 2am – Tokyo | Sat, May 31th at 1am – Beijing | 10:30pm – Mumbai
Please Click Here to register.